Faster Than Skip-the-Line: Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- VIP Access through our Official Vatican Partner Entrance
- Unforgettable views of the Sistine Chapel & Raphael Rooms
- Get close to Michelangelo's Pietà in St. Peter’s Basilica
- Razor sharp insights from an Art Historian guide
- Small group for an intimate, informative tour
Semi-Private Tour up to 10 people
Live Commentary in English. Choose this option for semi-private upgrade with a small group of no more than 10 people.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children 5 and younger are complimentary.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible. Strollers and baby carriers cannot be accommodated.
- If you have limited mobility, you should not take part.
- All customers will need to wear an FFP2 mask inside the Vatican Museums.
- Government-imposed COVID restrictions for entering countries and venues (e.g. booster shot, negative COVID test, vaccine certificate with a QR code) may change with little notice. It is the responsibility of all visitors to ensure they check the official travel advice on the government websites.
- Please be advised that St. Peter’s Basilica will not be accessible until further notice due to current restrictions
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
What you can expect
You may wonder what it feels like to be a VIP in the Vatican. You'll ignore the lines and slip through our Private Partner Entrance, courtesy of our official partner status. Our VIP door allows us to shave hours off the usual waiting time during peak season. This is time better spent in the museums listening to a razor-sharp art historian breathe life into ancient antiquities.
The Vatican Museums are unlike any other museum. That's why you are there. It has that extra special sauce that other museums would swap a star exhibit for. You are in the HQ of a major world religion. It is in its own special country. There are 70,000 artworks in rooms that are works of art themselves. The last thing you need is someone boring you to death with facts you could have googled about Michelangelo.
Our guides are navigators of the Vatican. They know each artwork here has been chosen for very specific reasons. They understand the journey of art from pagan sculptures to Renaissance frescoes that drip with Christian symbolism. They are the gate keepers. They do more than physically lead you down a hall from the Sistine Chapel to St. Peter's Basilica. Anyone can do that. They have the sort of big-picture understanding and obsession with tiny details that can connect you in a lightbulb moment to the artists intention. That sort of experience is forged from years of study, millions of footsteps through the Vatican and passionate discussion with others.
This is the sort of VIP feeling you can have.
Cleaning and safety practices
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Vatican Museums
- Viale Vaticano
- Rome 00165
- Caffe Vaticano
- Via Tunisi, 1
- Rome 00192