If it’s your first time traveling during the COVID-19 pandemic, you’ll notice new regulations and rules in place. Follow these tips and make your trip to Indonesia a smooth one:
- Look into the rules and restrictions in both your origin and destination. You may not be able to travel depending on local circumstances, so remember to check in advance.
- Wear a face mask during airport screening. A TSA employee will require you to adjust your mask for ID purposes.
- Rather than handing a TSA employee your boarding pass, place it directly on the reader yourself. After that, hold it up for inspection.
- TSA is now allowing passengers to take one container of hand sanitizer, up to 12 oz (350 ml) in size, in carry-on baggage. This will have to be removed from your bag for X-ray screening.
- Empty your personal items from your pocket, like your keys, phone and wallet, and place them in your carry-on instead of into bins. This will reduce handling during screening.
- If you’re taking food through the security checkpoint, put it in a clear plastic bag and then into a screening bin. This reduces the likelihood that a TSA employee will need to handle your carry-on bag or food container for closer inspection.